Changing your life one sentence at a time
What are Affirmations?
Affirmations are positive statements, usually short sentences that help to focus your thinking in the right direction. Below is a great example of an affirmation, it’s something simple that we can say to ourselves at the beginning or end of the day that focuses our thinking on being grateful for the life that we have.
What are the benefits of Affirmations?
Affirmations are great because they are something quick you can do to tell you conscious and unconscious mind to focus on something positive. Affirmations can:
- Keep you focused on your goals
- Motivate you to take action on things that can be positive changes in your life
- Be a quick mindset reset for those times you are feeling down
- Boost your self confidence
- Help you keep a positive image of your body
- Create a sense of calm
What are the best ways to use affirmations?
Affirmations can be used as a simple mantra when you wake up or before you go to sleep to keep your mind in a positive state. They can also be written down and posted on a mirror or the sun shield on your car, somewhere that they can be seen throughout the day to provide that reminder to keep your emotions in the right place. The biggest overall effect on mindset is being able to control your emotions and not let outside forces control how happy or sad we are, our feelings should come from within. So when something outside of our control creeps into our day or our thoughts and threatens to turn our thinking negative we can say that simple affirmation as a reminder to ourselves that everything is fine. One of my favorite affirmations is “Everything is now, Always has been and Always will be fine”.
Where can I find some affirmations to use for myself?
- There are some great YouTube Channels that repeat affirmations over music for a meditative effect. Click here to listen.
- Get a FREE copy of The Positive Affirmations Handbook, over 100 Affirmations that can be used daily for Attitude, Confidence, Motivation, Positive Thinking and Success.
- Louise Hay’s website has quite a few great images with text affirmations on them that you can save as an image on your phone to look at frequently or write down to be reminded throughout the day.